1.WHAT ARE HAIR EXTENSIONS?
Hair extensions are strands of hair that can be attached to your scalp through a variety of methods, appearing as if the hair is your own. Hair extensions are used to extend the length of hair, provide volume, or add highlights to your own hair.
2. WHAT ARE YOUR HAIR EXTENSIONS MADE OF?
We only use the highest quality 100% Russian human remy hair that is long lasting and tangle free, ensuring you can enjoy your great hair extensions for many months to come!
3. WHAT DOES ‘REMY’ MEAN?
When you hear the term “human remy hair” it refers to the way the hair cuticles run. Our hair is 'remy cuticle correct hair', Which mean all our hair extensions are manufactured with the hairs running from root to tip. When the hair is gathered we make sure that all the hair is running in the same direction, from scalp to tip. If you buy extensions made from non remy hair, many of the hairs will be upside down and jumbled, which mean the cuticles will not be running in the same direction and will cause them to matte and tangle.
4. WHY IS IT IMPORTANT THAT HAIR EXTENSIONS ARE HUMAN HAIR AND NOT SYNTHETIC?
Hair extensions made from human hair can be dyed, curled, heated, styled, washed, and treated like natural hair. Hair extensions made from synthetic hair are sensitive to the sun, don’t last as long as human hair, are temperamental to styling, and do not blend in as well with your real hair. For the few extra dollars, human hair extensions are a good investment.
5. HOW LONG DO THE EXTENSIONS LAST?
It is hard to give an exact answer regarding the life span of your Catwalk Hair Extensions. It depends on how often they are worn, what products you use on them, how much heat is applied, what environment they are kept in etc. Our extensions are the finest quality 100% Russian remy human hair you can buy, so they last much longer than many of the other hair extension brands. If you look after your hair it is not uncommon for Catwalk hair to last up to a year. If not treated well they will need to be replaced more often. The more you take care of the hair, the longer IT will last
6. WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PERMANENT OR TEMPORARY EXTENSIONS?
- Permanent hair extensions — Hair extensions are never “permanent” in the true sense of the word but can last for months. Compared to clip in hair extensions, the bonding process used to affix hair extensions to the scalp has a much more “permanent” effect.
- Clip in hair extensions are great for those seeking a quick change that can be undone on demand. They can be clipped in and out whenever you feel like having long, beautiful hair without the commitment!
7. HOW DO I KNOW WHAT COLOUR TO CHOOSE?
You can easily select a colour that best suits your own hair colour by viewing our “Colour Chart”. Our extensions are specially made to ensure they blend effortlessly into your own hair providing maximum camoflage even if they are not the exact same shade as your own. If you are still undecided on colour choice, you can use our free colour matching service, whereby you send a photo of the colour you are after and we will make a recommendation on which we think would suit you best!
8. CAN I COLOUR HAIR EXTENSIONS?
Yes. As our hair extensions are made from the highest quality 100% human remy hair you can colour or tone your hair. You might want to test the colour on a few strands first to make sure the resulting shade is what you anticipate. We also recommend using a semi permanent colour as it is much more gentle on the hair extensions. If you use a bleach that is too harsh you may risk drying the hair out, just as can happen with your own hair. You must also avoid any protein based products on the extensions.
9. WHAT PRODUCTS CAN BE USED ON HAIR EXTENSIONS?
We recommend to stick to good quality non protein, sulphate and silicone free products formulated for dry and damaged hair as they will keep the strands healthy and moisturised. If protein, sulphate or silicone is used on the hair it will comprimise the quality and lifespan of the hair, and break down the bond.
10. WHAT FORMS OF PAYMENT DO YOU ACCEPT?
- Credit Card/Debit Card
- Bank Deposit
- Australian Money Order
10. HOW LONG SHOULD MY EXTENSIONS TAKE TO ARRIVE?
If you are a customer within Australia, postage generally takes 3-6 business days after payment. International delivery generally takes between 5-9 business days. For more information on shipping, please visit our "Shipping & Returns” section.
12. DO YOU SHIP INTERNATIONALLY?
Yes, we ship worldwide!